Creamy, cheesy, and made with two types of peas plus bacon, this creamy bacon and pea pasta is a simple weeknight meal that's super fast to make and everyone will enjoy!
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup roughly chopped snow peas
- 1 cup freshly shelled green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to directions
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the raw bacon on a cutting board with a sharp knife. After the bacon is chopped, add it to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Move the bacon with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate. Leave the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon grease and cook over medium heat until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream cheese, cream, and cheeses, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped snow peas, green peas, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture reach a simmer and then let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve the hot cream mixture on top of hot cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle some of the cooked bacon on top of each serving and salt and pepper to taste.
- You can use frozen peas in place of the fresh green peas, no need to thaw.
- When cooking the final mixture, be sure to let it gently simmer, not boil. The cream cheese could curdle if you cook it too high.
- If you don't have any snow peas, you could double the normal peas, but if you can, try to get them. They have a different crunch and sweetness then the other type of pea and the combo of the two peas was really good.
- Double the parmesan if you don't have any Romano on hand.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta with peas, pea pasta recipe, pasta with cream cheese, pasta with cream sauce and peas