Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer or snack for any gathering and are incredibly simple to prepare for easy enjoyment!
- 12 cold eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low (or off) to ensure the water is no longer boiling or has bubbles, and use tongs or a skimmer to place the eggs in the water. Then increase the heat back to high, and set a timer for 12 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, prepare an ice water bath, and set aside.
- After 12 minutes, remove the eggs from the water, and place in the ice water bath.
- Once the eggs have cooled completely, peel them and slice in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolk and place them in a small bowl using a spoon, and place the egg whites on a plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, and add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, and salt. Stir to combine well. If things are a bit lumpy, keep working them. You can also use an electric mixer to beat them smooth.
- Use a spoon to add a portion of the deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Sometimes I scoop the deviled egg mixture into a sealable baggie, and then cut one corner about 3/4-inch wide. You can use this to pipe the mixture back into the egg whites.
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: deviled egg, deviled eggs, deviled egg recipe, easy deviled eggs, deviled eggs with mayo and mustard