The best Cucumber Sandwich is made with rye bread, herbed cream cheese, and fresh cucumbers with some of salt. But of course, you can customize this lunch recipe to best suit your taste buds!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 green onion, green part only chopped
- dash of garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of rye bread
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Add the cream cheese, green onion, and seasons to a small bowl and combine well with a fork.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Toast (if you like) the rye bread.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture (or less if you like…) on the toasted bread and top with sliced cucumbers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- There are lots of kinds of rye bread. I really like Russian Rye just FYI.
- You can use reduced-fat cream cheese if you like here, it tastes just as creamy.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Toaster
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber sandwich, cucumber sandwiches, cucumber sandwich recipe, cucumber sandwich cream cheese, how to make a cucumber sandwich, sandwich recipe, sandwich recipe for breakfast