Straightforward yet flavorful, crustless spinach quiche is an easy and healthy breakfast that you can customize or keep simple!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I'd go for a nice sharp cheddar or a cheddar-parmesan mix)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic to cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in spinach, and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Add spinach mixture, and stir to blend.
- Dump into pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven, until eggs have set, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- So many options for additions: sauteed bell pepper and mushroom are great in this (cook them with the onions!).
- Use your favorite cheese or a mix of a few.
- Serve with a side of biscuits and some fresh fruit for an easy meal.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quiche, spinach, eggs, egg bake, cheese