Crispy and Crunchy Baked Chicken Tacos are a quickly thrown-together and satisfying meal, complete with baked chicken, taco seasoning, black beans, hard taco shells, and plenty of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 12 hard taco shells
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- Cilantro, lettuce, salsa, olives, sour cream, hot sauce, etc. for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., line a baking dish with foil or parchment paper, and spray the foil or parchment with a bit of cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, black beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning, and stir to combine well.
- Place the taco shells in the prepared pan.
- Fill each taco shell with the chicken mixture, distributing it evenly between the shells.
- Top the filled taco shells with the grated cheese.
- Bake the tacos for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- Serve hot with optional cilantro, lettuce, olives, sour cream, hot sauce, etc.
- Don’t forget to spray the pan with cooking spray, or the taco shells stick badly (the cheese kind of glues them into place).
- I like to remove as much of the tomato guts/seeds as I can so that they don’t make my taco shells soggy while cooking.
- You can really use whatever meat, beans, or fillings you like here. It’s a very flexible recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: baked chicken tacos, chicken tacos, baked chicken, tacos, easy chicken tacos recipe