Delicious crispy baked chicken drumsticks made with a homemade pretzel and spices coating which makes the crispiest chicken legs on the block – no frying needed!
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups crushed pretzels*
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Canola spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the crushed pretzels, onion powder, oregano, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Wash the chicken drumsticks in cold water; do not dry them.
- Roll each drumstick into the pretzel mixture then carefully transfer each piece to the baking sheet. Do not discard the leftover crumbs.
- Lightly spray the drumsticks with the canola oil, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove drumsticks from the oven, then top each drumstick with a sprinkling of the leftover pretzel mixture. Spray liberally with the canola oil, then return to the oven uncovered for an additional 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
- To create the pretzel crumbs, you can place the pretzels in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin, or place in a food processor and pulse until a crumb mixture forms.
- Category: Chicken Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken legs recipe, easy chicken drumsticks recipe, healthy chicken recipe, chicken dinner recipe