This Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dressing recipe is a flavorful twist on the original. It’s perfect on taco salads, as a dip, or on a plate of nachos!
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 or 3 large tomatillos, husk removed
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, outer skin removed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, about a cup
- 1/2 a lime’s juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Throw everything into a blender, and blend until smooth, about one minute.
- Taste the dressing on a piece of lettuce, and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- It keeps covered in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- I like to make this first and let it sit in the fridge while I get the rest of dinner ready. It gives the flavors a little time to mix and mingle.
- The dressing is relatively thin, but that means it covers everything well. If you want it a bit thicker, omit the buttermilk, or add just enough to reach the desired consistency.
- Miracle Whip or salad dressing can’t be used in place of the mayonnaise.
- Category: condiment
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Amercian, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: cafe rio, salad dressing, salad dressing recipe, ranch, ranch recipe, ranch dressing recipe, how to make ranch dressing, ranch dressing calories, best ranch dressing