You will love this creamy chicken and bacon pasta with a few veggies and some pre-made sauce. It tastes like it took forever to prepare but can be on the table in about 30 minutes.
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-size peices
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 or 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 pound hot cooked pasta
- 1 jar 15-ounce jar Bertolli Alfredo sauce
- 1 or 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh grated Parmesan
- In a large skillet fry the bacon until crisp (working in batches if needed). Remove the bacon from the pan and let it cool on paper towels to absorb the grease. Reserve 4 tablespoons of bacon fat. Discard the remaining bacon grease.
- Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat and add back 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is done and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Return the skillet back to the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- While all this is cooking you can be cooking your pasta.
- Chop the cooked bacon into small bits.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped bacon, chicken, cooked onions and peppers, cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, and chopped tomatoes. Stir to combine and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 698
- Sugar: 24.1g
- Sodium: 722.4mg
- Fat: 35.3g
- Carbohydrates: 69.4g
- Protein: 14.4g
- Cholesterol: 59.2mg
Keywords: Quick and Easy, Bacon, Chicken, Pasta