Creamed Pasta with Bacon and Vegetables is one of our all-time favorite easy dinner recipes that comes together in about 40 minutes with just a few pantry staple ingredients.
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1 large tomato, diced
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Finely chop the raw bacon on a cutting board. After bacon is chopped, add it to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy, stirring often.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the bacon and bacon grease and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the cream, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the salt and combine.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the hot cream mixture to the hot cooked noodles.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the noodles.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away with the Parmesan on top.
- If you like it really bacon-y, you can use a full pound of bacon. Just remove about half of the grease before adding your onions and peppers. A pound of bacon will produce more grease than you need.
- This is an easy recipe to scale up or down, and I often make this to feed a crowd. It’s inexpensive and simple and everyone loves it.
- The fresh diced tomato is raw and adds a great texture and flavor to the dish. Be sure it’s ripe so that it adds a subtle sweetness.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta, bacon, creamy pasta recipes, pasta with bacon, easy bacon recipes, bacon dinner ideas, bacon recipes