This easy Cornbread Salad recipe has all of your favorite summertime flavors, like tomatoes, corn, pinto beans, and the star of the show, cornbread! Topped with a rich and creamy homemade ranch dressing, it’s a perfect potluck dish.
- 1 batch of my famous cornbread, baked and cooled
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce, about 2 romaine hearts
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4–6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large tomato, diced (or 3 roma tomatoes)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can corn, drained (or 1.5 cups frozen corn, thawed)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- When the cornbread is cool, remove it from the pan and cut into 1- to 1.5-inch cubes.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl, and top with the cornbread, pinto beans, green onion, cheese, tomato, bell pepper, and corn.
- In another bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch mix. Stir to combine. Add enough milk to make a dressing that is pourable, but still on the thick side.
- When you are ready to serve, toss the salad well and drizzle with half the dressing. Serve right away with the other half of the dressing on the side so that people can add more as they like.
- This recipe is beautiful layered in a glass bowl or trifle! If I’m taking it to a party, I always layer it up because it’s so pretty.
- The cornbread falls apart and crumbles, but it’s so good! The texture and sweetness do something magical to this salad.
- This salad is super customizable — add what you have or like, and leave out what you don’t like or have. I love chopped jalapeno in it, and sometimes I’ll grill a few ears of corn instead of using frozen.
- Add some grilled chicken to make this a main dish salad.
- This recipe makes a lot of salad, and it’s not great leftover (the cornbread gets too soggy), so take it to a party or make a half batch.
- If you’d like to make this ahead of time, assemble the salad but leave the dressing and cornbread separate from everything else. Toss it all together right before serving.
- This is a great recipe to use with leftover cornbread.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cornbread salad, easy cornbread salad, best cornbread salad, easy potluck dish, easy salad recipe