These Homemade Cornbread Muffins are rich, buttery and perfectly delicious! They are wonderful for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We especially love enjoying them with a big bowl of chili.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in the melted butter, sour cream, and milk until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or a measuring cup to divide the dough evenly among the muffin cups.
- Do not level or flatten the surface of the mounds.
- Bake until light golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with just a few crumbs attached, about 18 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then flip out onto a wire wrack to let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with butter, honey, or honey butter!
- Recipe from America's Test Kitchen
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cornbread, corn muffin, best cornbread muffins, easy corn muffins, quick cornbread muffins