1. I drove 25 minutes to the dentist this week only to sit in the office for ten minutes before I was told I was a day off. Then I got to drive home another 25 minutes without ever accomplishing the things I set out to do. Plus, it was the dentist! I was all mentally prepared to get my cavity filled and I was also taking my almost four-year-old for his very first cavity fixing too. It was a lot to gear up for. So I wasted an hour of my life, gas, and still had to go back the next day. I’m blaming this one on pregnancy brain.
2. I hope my kids get as excited to see me in the future as I get when it’s time to see my parents. My little sister is graduation from BYU this weekend and we are going up to celebrate. My parents are flying out from Kentucky and I’m ridiculously anxious to see them. I’m trying to plot ways we can leave early so that I can stretch out our visiting time by a few hours. The fact that we live thousands of miles from them sure makes meeting that much sweeter, but I like to think I’d still look forward to seeing my mom even if it were just for lunch on a casual weekday. All you folks who have your momma around, enjoy that, you are lucky.
3. I’m still really struggling emotionally. The more I talk about it and admit that life isn’t all peaches and cream though, the more I realize that feeling off is actually pretty normal. I just wanted you to know that if that’s true, I’m very “normal”. We are all struggling with something. My poor husband. At least he knows that tears aren’t normally life and death (he doesn’t freak out when I cry, which happens way too much). He’s patient and kind but has also learned to take most of what I say with a grain of salt and a smile. I am an achy blubbering mess more evenings than not and I still have months to go. Wish me luck. It’s always worth it in the end.
4. I have no idea what I want to name this baby. With the other boys I had their names picked out by now but I’m drawing a blank on this one. The few I’ve liked, Thomas hasn’t. The strongest contender right now is Graham (my paternal Grandmother’s maiden name), but I’m not sure if that is too strong of a name or not. He’s bound to be called Graham cracker, but is that really so bad? The jury is out.
5. I got a letter for kindergarten registration last week and I cried and cried all evening over it. I know that part of it is hormones but I cried and cried when it was time for my oldest to go too. I was told that sending your second kid to school was easier than the first but I’m having a hard time believing that will be the case. I just can’t imagine my day with Henry gone for so much of it. I sent one kid to school, isn’t that enough? 🙂 And while we are on the topic I’m so excited for school to be out! Call me crazy but I love my kids at home with me.
6. I made a fresh strawberry pie from Cook’s Country magazine (the folk from America’s Test Kitchen write this publication so I LOVE it!) and I felt very fancy. I’m not much of a pie maker but this one was really fun to make and it turned out just beautiful. I’m sharing the recipe on Friday so be excited!
7. I’m totally crushing on this book- The Encyclopedia of Country Living: The Original Manual of Living Off the Land & Doing It Yourself. My bestie told me about it and now I’m just looking for a reason to buy it. I hear it is a must-have. Do any of you own it?