Cold Killer Smoothie loaded with vitamin C, ginger, bananas, honey and spinach to fight off that sickness.
- 1/2–3/4 cup water (or orange or pineapple juice)
- 2 medium oranges, peel removed
- 1/2 tsp – 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- Optional Add-ins:
- 1/4–1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 tsp raw honey
- pinch cayenne pepper, turmeric
- Place all ingredients in blender in the order listed (start with 1/2 cup water/juice). Blend until quite smooth, scraping down the sides or adding more liquid as necessary.
- Taste and add vanilla, honey, cayenne, or turmeric as desired. Pulse to combine and serve immediately.
- This is a great recipe for colds–a vitamin C shot from the oranges, cold creaminess from the bananas, some greens for extra nutrition, and a little ginger (and cayenne, if you like) to clear up your sinuses. Drink a big glass, or freeze it into popsicle molds if you need to soothe a sore throat.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Sodium: 22.1mg
- Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 57.7g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: Smoothie, Breakfast, Cold Killer, Spinach, Vitamin C