This Classic Zucchini Bread is made with fresh or frozen zucchini, melted butter, and just the right amount of sugar. It's a super moist and delicious zucchini bread recipe!
- 2 small zucchini, about one pound
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, optional (but delicious!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Trim the ends from your zucchini and use the largest holes on your box grater to shred it. You should have about 2 cups of zucchini. Press the zucchini between a few layers of paper towels to absorb extra moisture. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. You'll end up with gooey bread if you do.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Gently fold in the zucchini and the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Stir until the mixture just comes together, being careful not to over mix. Add the pecans and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan using a spatula and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the bread is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool. Let cook for about an hour before serving.
- If using frozen grated zucchini, let it rest in a colander for a few minutes to remove the bulk of the extra moisture but don't pat it try with a paper towel. You'll still want some of the moisture that has been released from the freezing process.
- The lemon juice adds a nice brightness to this bread - don't skip it.
- Sour cream or even applesauce can be used in place of the Greek yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make zucchini bread, zucchini bread recipe, best zucchini bread recipe, easy zucchini bread recipe, easy zucchini bread, best zucchini bread, how to grate zucchini