A light and refreshing Classic Tuna Pasta Salad comes together as the perfect summer side dish with white tuna, shell noodles, celery, peas, and a creamy dill sauce.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (about 2.5 cups)
- 1 7-ounce can solid white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is al dente, and rinse with very cold water. Drain and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is cool.
- In a large bowl, add the chilled pasta, tuna, peas, celery, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, garlic powder, and vinegar. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture, and stir to combine well.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve right away.
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad, tune, peas, side, potluck