Cinnamon Granola is a simple snack that’s bursting with mildly sweet and crunchy goodness, thanks to the oats, honey, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, cinnamon, vanilla, and nuts.
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup shredded coconut, (if you don’t like it, add another cup of oats)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup raisins or craisins to taste, optional
- 1 cup nuts (you can use sliced, whole, or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a big cookie sheet with parchment paper, and grease lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine your oats, wheat germ, coconut, flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your water, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet over the dry. Mix everything together, making sure there are no dry spots.
- Spread granola onto the prepared cookie sheet. The pan will be nice and full. Bake for about 1.5 hours total, stirring every 20 minutes to make sure everything bakes evenly. When you are stirring, don’t get too crazy because you don’t want to break up all of the clumps.
- When granola starts to turn a light golden color (about an hour into cooking), add your nuts and your dried fruit. Continue cooking, until everything is a nice golden color, taking care not to burn the nuts. The granola will still be slightly sticky when you take it out and will crisp up after it cools.
- Store in an airtight container.
- You can change up the flavor of this granola really easily by switching out the cinnamon for something like pumpkin or apple pie spice or adding other spices, like cloves, nutmeg, or all-spice, to the cinnamon.
- You can use half vanilla extract and half almond extract for a different flavor variation, too; it’s excellent.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola, homemade granola, how to make granola, granola recipe, healthy granola recipe, healthy breakfast idea