These churro waffles with caramel sauce are next-level amazing! With a crunchy outside coated in a sugar-cinnamon mixture and a softy, fluffy inside, you’ll be craving these nearly every morning.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup neutral oil, such as vegetable, canola, or avocado oil
- 1 3/4 cups milk (I normally use 2%)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Caramel sauce (like ice cream topping)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the eggs, oil, and milk.
- Whisk all ingredients together until a thin and slightly lumpy batter forms.
- In a shallow dish combine the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully toss the waffle in the sugar and cinnamon mixture while it is still hot, and place sugar-coated waffle on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with caramel sauce or your favorite topping, such as buttermilk syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- If making more than one batch, you can keep the waffles warm in a 200 degree F. oven until ready to serve.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: waffle, waffle recipe, breakfast, dessert