Chunky fresh tomato salsa is sort of like the best homemade pico de gallo ever, made of Roma tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and peppers and perfect piled high on a chips or tacos!
- 5 or 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (around a 1/2 cup after chopping)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Anaheim peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno if you like a little heat, seeds removed and chopped
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Lots of salt and pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Adjust salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- If you have a few hours, mix it together, and leave it on the counter top so the flavors will blend.
- Serve it with chips, in tacos, on top of enchiladas, or in your favorite salad.
- Anaheim pepper are pretty mild with just a touch of heat. If you are super sensitive to spice, use a green bell pepper. And wear gloves when messing with that jalapeno!
- This is so tasty with homemade baked corn tortilla chips if you have the time.
- Category: side
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: salsa, tomatoes, Mexican, vegetable side, summer