This comforting Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe will brighten any gloomy day. Feeling under the weather? This homemade soup combats any head cold with its hearty combination of shredded chicken (or turkey), egg noodles, carrots, peas, corn, and lots of flavor-packing spices.
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken or turkey
- 5 cups water + bullion, or chicken stock
- 5–6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic, and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken, water and bullion (or broth), carrots, salt, pepper, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer (covered with a lid) for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Bring the soup back to a boil, and add egg noodles.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked.
- Add peas and corn, heat thoroughly.
- Serve right away.
- You have a lot of give when it comes to what vegetables and how many to add to this soup. If you are adding a raw vegetable, just add it when you add the carrots so that it has time to simmer and cook.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, noodle soup, homemade chicken noodle soup, easy chicken noodle soup, how to make chicken noodle soup, chicken and noodles recipe, best chicken noodle soup recipe