Chocolate zucchini bread that is rich, moist, and perfectly sweet with the addition of chocolate chips for good measure.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until just incorporated.
- Add the batter to the bread pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the bread until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then run a butter knife along the edges. Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
- You don’t need to remove the extra moisture in the zucchini for this recipe.
- You can use normal semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or my favorite – mini chocolate chips. Use what you like and have on hand.
- Dutch process cocoa has a great chocolate flavor without being bitter. It’s great to keep on hand!