- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- Additional chips and M&M’s to make things pretty, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat to combine well. Add the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the white chocolate chips and the M&M’s.
- Scoop on to the sheet in rounded 1 tablespoon scoops. If you’d like a few more M&M’s and white chips to be seen, poke them on the top of the cookie dough ball by hand. This isn’t necessary but it makes them prettier. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until the centers are set. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 2 or 3 minutes and then let them finish cooling on a wire rack. Enjoy!
It’s a little hard to tell when these dark cookies are done, so set a timer!
Store left-overs in an air-tight container.