Sheet pan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars are rich and soft cookie bars that are prefect for feeding a crowd or enjoying with friends.
- 2 cups old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats and milk. Set aside so that oats can start to soften.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and the butter until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and incorporate.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Stir in flour and soda.
- Stir in oat and milk mixture. Batter will be sticky.
- Spread batter into a large rimmed greased cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden but not too dark.
- When the bars come out of the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top and let sit for 3-5 minutes until the chips start to look shiny and melt.
- Spread the chocolate chips all over the top with a spatula. Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Love dark chocolate? Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. Really, you can use any chocolate chips you like or have on hand (peanut butter is also awesome!).
- This recipe works best with traditional creamy peanut butter. When I tried it with natural peanut butter, it was a bit dry.
- You can use quick oats in this recipe; it'll work just great. The texture will be slightly less chewy than when you use old fashioned oats.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, oatmeal, oats, cookie, cookies, cookie bar,