This easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is made with cream, peanut butter, and two kinds of chocolate. It’s a great homemade ice cream recipe you’ll want to make all summer long!
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole is best)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (I like Ghiradelli), cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- In a medium pan whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar. While whisking add the milk and the cream. Whisk together well combined. Place the pan over medium to medium-high heat. When the milk mixture starts to steam (but isn’t boiling) add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate melts. Remove from the head and add the vanilla and peanut butter and stir until well combined. Place the ice cream mixture in a container, cover, and refrigerate until cool (about 4 hours or overnight).
- Pour the ice cream mixture in your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- I use a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker that you just freeze the canister the ice cream is made in. It takes about 15 minutes to make ice cream with no salt and ice to mess with. I love it! If you like a harder ice cream, put the ice cream in a freezer container and cover. Let it freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. The ice cream straight out of the maker is just like soft-serve. Out of the freezer it is like store-bought.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate ice cream recipe, homemade chocolate ice cream, easy ice cream recipe, easy homemade ice cream, how to make homemade ice cream, how to make ice cream, how do you make ice cream, ice cream recipe, best ice cream recipe, easy ice cream recipe