Chocolate-covered banana hearts made with only two ingredients are great treats for kids to help make and eat.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 8 ounces of chocolate
- Peel and cut the bananas into circles.
- Cut the banana slices into hearts by cutting the bottom to make it pointy and then cutting a 'v' into the top.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the banana hearts in the chocolate, one at a time. Fish them out with a fork and tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove any extra chocolate.
- Place dipped hearts on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Repeat until all your hearts are covered, reheating the chocolate as needed.
- Decorate with sprinkles if you like.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. These are also great frozen.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to two days. Freeze for longer storage.
- You can use whatever chocolate you like. I used Ghirardelli melting wafers because they are so easy to use and aren't fussy (but taste amazing).
- Bananas are so easy to cut! Get the kids involved - they can use a butter knife.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chocolate dessert, healthy chocolate dessert, chocolate covered bananas, how to make chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered fruit, no bake chocolate dessert