You’ve never met a wackier cobbler than my Wacky Chocolate Cobbler. If you’re into gooey, chocolatey desserts with a slightly crunchy, slightly chewy top layer, this cobbler’s got your name written all over it. Dig on in.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup hot tap water
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot tap water over the dry sugar mixture.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes and then serve warm with ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, cobbler, lave cake, chocolate cobbler, chocolate dessert recipe, chocolate dessert idea, molten lava cake