Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies made with whole wheat flour, oats, chocolate chips, and shredded zucchini.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes (a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer work well for this).
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour, and oats. Stir well.
- Add the shredded zucchini, chocolate chips, and pecans. Stir well until the moisture of the zucchini brings the dough together.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into balls that are a heaping tablespoon. Place them on the prepared baking pans about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the centers are set and the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely. Store extras in an air-tight container.
- All-purpose flour can be substituted for the whole wheat flour though you’ll want to add an additional 1/4 cup.
- I liked fewer chocolate chips (one cup) in this recipe so that you could still taste the nuts and cinnamon. Use the additional 1/2 cup if you like more chocolate.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie recipe, oatmeal cookies, zucchini cookies, zucchini desserts, baking with zucchini