The ultimate frozen sweet treat, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches are so tasty and fun for all ages and stages to enjoy! And that's a fact.
- 8 chocolate chip cookies - homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Sprinkles, optional
- Start by setting out your ice cream so that it can soften up. While your ice cream is softening, get out a plate or a shallow dish, and pour about a half cup of sprinkles into it.
- Next, cut 4 pieces of plastic wrap that are about a foot long and set them aside.
- Take one of the cookies and put a half cup of the soften ice cream on it, keeping it to the center. Place another cookie on top and press it together, so that the ice cream starts to come right to the edge of the cookies.
- Roll the ice cream edge in the sprinkles. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with the other cookies and ice cream.
- Place ice cream sandwiches in the freezer overnight or until the ice cream firms back up.
- Unwrap and enjoy!
- This is such a fun treat to make-ahead for friends coming over or parties. EVERYONE loves a chocolate cookie ice cream sandwich. That is a fact.
- If I'm going to store them longer than a few days, I'll stick the wrapped ice cream sandwiches in a larger sealable freezer bag for up to a month.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie, ice cream sandwich, cookie ice cream, dessert, ice cream, easy cookie recipe