Chicken wraps are a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love, and bonus, these have bacon and ranch in them too! These are inspired by one of our favorite diners.
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 medium chicken breast (about 1/2 to 2/3 pound total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 large "burrito size" flour tortillas
- 1.5 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (store bought or homemade)
- Lay your bacon out on a rimmed baking sheet and place it in a 400 degree F oven (you can pop the bacon in while the oven if preheating, no issues there). Bake for about 15 minutes or until crisp. I have a whole article on baking bacon in the oven if you need more tips.
- While the bacon is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Remove your chicken from the packaging and season both sides of both pieces with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in the warm pan and then add your chicken. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes. Cook until the chicken reaches 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer at the thickest part.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare your tortillas by heating them in the microwave for 30 seconds all together.
- When the bacon is done remove it from the pan and place it on some paper towels to absorb the grease, and then crumble it into smaller pieces (not tiny, just bite-sized)
- Slice the chicken into very thin slices against the grain.
- To assemble your chicken wraps, lay your tortillas out. Distribute the lettuce among the tortillas evenly.
- Add the cooked chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheese, and a drizzle of ranch dressing to each tortilla.
- Wrap the chicken wraps by folding over one side, tucking both ends into the middle, and then folding in the second side.
- Slice in half and serve with additional ranch for dipping if you'd like.
- This is a great recipe to use precooked chicken if you have it. I'll often grill up extra chicken to use in this recipe so that I don't have to cook the chicken the day I'm making it. It makes for a really quick meal when the chicken (and bacon!) are already cooked.
- This is a cold wrap, you are just heating the tortillas a bit to make it easier to fold.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wrap, chicken wrap recipe. how to make a chicken recipe, chicken tortilla wrap, chicken wrap with bacon, chicken wrap with ranch