These easy Chicken Tostadas make dinners a snap! Ready in only 30 minutes, this is an easy chicken recipe with only a few ingredients. I’m even including simple recipe for baked tostada shells. The whole family is going to love this meal!
For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the tostadas:
- 10 to 12 small corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons oil (such as olive or corn oil)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans or refried beans
- Toppings such as lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, sour cream, hot sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag or in a shallow dish, add the chicken, all of the spices, lime juice, and oil. Close the bag, and use your hands to mix everything together. If you are using a shallow dish, use tongs to work the spices evenly into the chicken. You can let this rest for up to a half hour or work with it right away. I like to let it marinate a minute to increase the flavor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, heat the beans. If using black beans, mash them lightly with the back of a fork, and add a little water and salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. While the chicken rests, prepare your tostada shells. Brush each side of a tortilla with oil, and place it on a baking sheet (about 6 fit on a sheet). Bake for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the tortillas over, return to the oven, and bake for 4 more minutes. Remove the shells for the oven, and allow to cool slightly. The shells will finish crisping up as they cool. Repeat with remaining shells.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and prepare your other toppings.
- To assemble your tostadas, add a tablespoon or two of mashed beans, a tablespoon or two of chopped chicken, and additional toppings to your liking. Eat right away.
The shells don’t store well. Just make as many as you need.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy chicken tostada recipe, homemade chicken tostada, chicken tostadas, easy dinners, easy chicken dinner, how to make chicken tostada