Creamy Chicken Tetrazinni made with shredded chicken, mushrooms, pasta, and a homemade sauce all baked into one cheesy casserole everyone will love.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white grape juice or apple juice, divided
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella or swiss cheese (or a mix of the two), grated, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter melts, add the mushrooms, 1/4 cup of the fruit juice, and the salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms brown and all of the liquid is gone, about 12 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat a large pot of water to boiling, break the spaghetti into thirds, and cook in boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain excess water and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When all of the liquid is gone from the mushrooms, remove the mushrooms and return the pan to the heat.
- Add the rest of the butter (6 tablespoons) and let melt. When butter is melted, add flour and whisk to combine. Cook for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock, milk, and additional 1/4 cup of juice. Heat over medium to medium high heat until bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan and 1/2 cup of the grated swiss/mozzarella. When cheeses are melted, stir in the mushrooms, chicken, salt, and pepper.
- Add mixture to cooked noodles. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer all of the cheesy goodness to a 9x13 baking dish. Top with the 2 cups of remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes until everything is melted and bubbly.
- Let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving hot.
- I used cooked chicken and homemade stock from the freezer. This is the perfect way to use leftover chicken (or turkey) from a Sunday meal or when you bought that deli rotisserie chicken and didn't eat it all in one night.
- Not a lover of mushrooms? Skip them! I'll often add another veggie in their place (such as broccoli).
- No juice on hand? Just replace it with additional chicken stock.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, turkey, tetrazinni, pasta, mushrooms, dinner, main dish