Teriyaki chicken is a 15 minute meal made with ingredients that you have a home! It's so easy and it comes together in a flash. You'll make it over and over again.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- cooked rice and vegetables for serving (we like broccoli)
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl add the cold water and cornstarch and whisk with a fork to combine well.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ground ginger to the bowl with the cornstarch and whisk everything together.
- Heat a large skillet to medium to medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot add the oil to the pan.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the sauce together again once more and then add it to the pan with a chicken.
- Stir until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve over hot cooked rice with your favorite cooked vegetables on the side.
- This is a really easy recipe do double and triple if you want more.
- You can use just about whatever vegetable you like or have on hand to go with this teriyaki chicken. You can stir fry them, steam them, roast them in the oven... it's a great time to clean out the fridge and use an assortment. You can also warm up frozen vegetables with it if that's best for you.
- Nutritional information doesn't include the rice or vegetables served with the chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: teriyaki chicken, teriyaki chicken recipe, teriyaki sauce, how to make teriyaki chicken, easy teriyaki chicken