Skillet Chicken Parmesan is comfort food at it’s finest and you won’t believe how simple it is to make.[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="4gHZZPRt" upload-date="2022-07-21T19:00:00.000Z" name="Easy Chicken Parmesan" description="How to make light and crispy chicken Parmesan at home." player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti for serving
- For sauce, melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper and stir. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer about 10 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap until about ¼ inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and oregano. In a second bowl, stir together egg and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture; coat evenly with crumb mixture.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with mozzarella and the remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan. Let stand 2 minutes. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
- Use a standard size chicken breast for this, about 6 ounces each. If you have really huge chicken breast consider cutting them down into smaller pieces for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken parmesan, how to make chicken parmesan, chicken parmesan recipe, easy chicken parmesan recipe, stove top chicken parmesan, skillet chicken parmesan recipe