Easy and fast Chicken Lo Mein recipe made with simple ingredients you have at home and just as good (or better!) than take out. Make this today!
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 10 ounces dried Chinese lo mein noodles
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- 4 green onions, cut into 2-inch thin strips
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of the sugar.
- Add chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, stir together chicken broth, the remaining 4 tablespoons soy sauce, the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar, and the cornstarch.
- In a 10-inch skillet or a wok, heat vegetable oil and sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and green onions, cook for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Add chicken to wok (add more oil if necessary) and cook for until no longer pink (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Push chicken from the center of the wok. Stir sauce and add to center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the cooked noodles and vegetables. Toss the mixture until combined and heated through.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
- This recipe is so flexible, use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand.
- This recipe doubles well if you are cooking for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken lo mein recipe, chicken lo mein, how to make chicken lo mein, easy lo mein recipe, quick lo mein recipe