The BEST Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad of summer is a main dish green salad recipe, topped with all of your favorite things, such as pan-seared chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber, and plenty of ranch dressing!
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Salad
- 6 cups salad greens such as butter or Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red or orange bell pepper
- 4–6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Litehouse Homestyle Ranch Dressing
- In a large zipper-topped plastic baggie or a shallow dish, add the chicken, all of the spices, lime juice, and oil. Close the bag and use your hands to mix everything together. If you are using a shallow dish, use tongs to work the spices evenly into the chicken. You can let this rest for up to a half hour or work with it right away. I like to let it rest a minute to increase the flavor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 13-15 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, add your salad greens to a shallow serving bowl. Top with tomatoes, bell pepper, bacon, cucumber, and red onion. When the chicken is cool, slice it into thin strips and add it to the salad.
- You can dress the salad with Litehouse Homestyle Ranch Dressing before serving or have everyone serve themselves and then dress as they like – it’s up to you.
This is a great meal to prep ahead of time on your meal prep day! Then when it’s time to eat, you are literally going to put everything together and serve. So easy! Even if you aren’t prepping this ahead of time, it should only take about 30 minutes to get on the table. You’ve got to love that!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken bacon ranch salad, easy salad recipes, healthy salad recipes, easy salads, quick salad recipes, chicken salad, healthy chicken salad