Cherry dump cake is such a simple and satisfying dessert that’s perfect for a crowd and comes together quickly!
- 2 cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add both cans of pie filling to the bottom of the 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Spread the dry cake mix evenly over the top of the pie filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the dry cake mix.
- Use a shop stick or a butter knife to gently swirl and poke the butter into the cake mix. You can’t really mix it in — you are just working them together a bit.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
- You can use just about any kind of pie filling you like for this recipe — it’s very flexible!
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dump cake, cake mix cake, cherry dump cake, dump cake recipe