Quick and easy cheesy chili lime popcorn made with fresh popcorn, butter, cotija cheese, and chili powder make one tasty and simple snack.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup queso cotija
- Zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place your popped corn in a large bowl, and drizzle it with half of the melted butter. Stir it around, and drizzle the rest of the butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the queso cotija, lime zest, and cayenne. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over the buttered popcorn, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture on top of the popcorn.
- Eat right away.
- The cheese kind of settles to the bottom of the bowl, so I try to leave a good portion of it on top of the popcorn to start out. The butter helps some of it to stick to the popcorn better.
- If you don’t like things spicy, just add a dash of cayenne, and adjust the measurements to taste.
- Leftover popcorn is not edible in my opinion, so I don’t suggest storing this; just make what you think you’ll eat.
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123.1 Fat: 9.5g Cholesterol: 26.5mg Sodium: 158.8mg Carbohydrates: 6.8g Sugars: 1g Protein: 3.3g Vitamin A: 74.6µg Vitamin C: 1.2mg