This classic cheesecake recipe with a sugar cookie crust that is thick and creamy and DOESN'T need a water bath to bake in! It's rich and amazing and the crust puts it's over the top. Easier than you think!
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 5, 8 ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the crust, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add eggs and mix well to combine.
- Add flour and stir until completely combined.
- Divide dough into two even pieces. Press half the dough into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan
- Bake for 5-7 min until the edge of the dough turns light brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, press remaining dough around the edges of the pan. Do not go all the way to the top of the pan, just 2/3's of up the sides or so.
- Turn oven up to 500 degrees F.
- Place cream cheese in bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed for 5 min or until completely smooth, scrapping down the sides of the bowl with rubber spatula several times.
- Once the cream cheese is smooth add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add sour cream and flour. Mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour the prepared cheesecake batter into the crust.
- Bake at 500 for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minute bake time, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake for additional 30-35 min. Until center giggles slightly when you shake it.
- Once done leave in the oven. Turn off the oven and open oven door a few inches (leave the door cracked open).
- After 1 ½ hours place on cooling rack on the counter until completely cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can top this cheesecake with anything you'd like. Raspberries, strawberries, chocolate sauce, cherry pie filling, or anything else you like is delicious.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, cheesecake recipe, how to make a cheesecake, sugar cookie cheesecake, cheesecake with sugar cookie crust, beth's cheesecake recipe, easy cheesecake recipe