Sausage and Cheese Biscuits are like a breakfast sandwich all mixed together: sausage, chives, and cheddar cheese all baked into a hearty biscuit. When you’re always on the go, you’ll love a breakfast recipe like this.
- ½ pound of breakfast or country sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup finely minced chives
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until it’s cooked through (no longer pink). Remove the sausage from the pan and drain any grease. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sour cream and eggs. Add the melted butter and whisk well to combine. Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked sausage, cheese, and chives to the batter and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mat. The biscuits don’t rise or spread much, so fit them all onto one tray.
- Bake smaller biscuits (makes 18) for 14 to 16 minutes or bake larger biscuits (makes 12) for 24 to 26 minutes until the biscuits are lightly browned.
- Store the biscuits in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature or reheat in the microwave or covered in the oven (I just wrapped them individually in foil in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.) They can also be individually wrapped and frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw to room temperature and reheat as directed above.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage and cheese biscuit recipe, how to make sausage and cheese biscuits, sausage biscuit recipe, easy sausage biscuit recipe, best sausage biscuit recipe, homemade sausage and cheese biscuit recipe, best sausage and cheese biscuit recipe