- 1 16-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl add together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combine and then pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture and gentle pat down the top with your hands. Spring the nuts over the cake mix and then evenly pour the melted butter over the top of the nuts.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. It’s delicious the second day at room temperature too.
This cake is great warm, at room temperature, and I even love it cold!