Today I'm working with Mom's Best Cereals, and I'm sharing one of our very favorite ice cream treats: Cereal Ice Cream Sandwiches. A mix of fruity or chocolate cereals, marshmallows, and your choice of ice cream make for a delicious summer dessert!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 generous cup mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Mom's Best Cereals
- 2 cups ice cream
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir until they are mostly melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the Mom's Best Cereal of your choice.
- Dump the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spoon to press the cereal into the bottom of the pan. You really want the cereal to be pressed together. The easiest way to do this is to lay a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over the cereal mixture and use your hands or a small rolling pin to very firmly press the cereal down. Once the cereal has been pressed down, set it aside to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the cereal has cooled and set, use a round cookie cutter to cut out out the ice cream bar crust.
- Place a half cup of softened ice cream in the center of one cereal crust. Add a second crust to the top, and press the two together gently so that they stick together.
- Repeat with remaining cereal crusts and ice cream.
- Serve right away or store in an air-tight container in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
If you want the ice cream to be very round and smooth, you can scoop softened ice cream into a shallow rimmed baking dish, spread it around so that it's about an inch thick, and then refreeze it. Once the ice cream is hard, you can use a cookie cutter to cut out round ice cream centers. This is what I did. You can also use a pint of ice cream and use a serrated knife to cut it into rounds right through the container. This worked well too!
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 39.4g
- Sodium: 239.7mg
- Fat: 29.5g
- Carbohydrates: 68.8g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
Keywords: ice cream sandwich recipe, how to make ice cream sandwiches, homemade ice cream sandwich recipe, cereal ice cream sandwich recipe, best no bake dessert recipes