This Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice packs a ton of bright, hearty flavors into a simple-to-make dish. An easy Mexican rice recipe that’s so GOOD!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lime zest (I do at least 2 and sometimes a little more… I love zest)
- 1 cube chicken bullion (or Better than Bullion)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the rice, water, garlic, lime zest, and bullion to a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- When the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook until the rice is cooked through and all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, sugar, and cilantro.
- When the rice is done, fluff it with a fork, and then pour the lime juice mixture over hot cooked rice.
- Stir to combine and serve hot.
- This is a great recipe to double or simply scale up as needed to feed a crowd.
- You can use brown rice in this recipe if you prefer. Just adjust the water/bullion as needed.
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: Cafe Rio rice recipe, cilantro lime rice, mexican rice recipe, how to cook brown rice, how to cook rice