Hello all! While I’m enjoying the newest (and teeniest) member of our family, I have asked some of my very favorite blogging friends to share some of their absolute favorite posts with you. This is the last post of this type. I’m so grateful for all of the help that my friends have been and we are definitely ending a bang. Carrie over at Bakeaholic Mama is a mac-n-cheese ninja (she has SO many different recipe for it on her blog) and this recipe will not disappoint! Thanks so much for sharing Carrie. Enjoy some Buffalo Chicken Mac-n-Cheese!
Hi guys! My name is Carrie and I am the blogger, recipe developer and photographer behind the blog Bakeaholic Mama. I am a former preschool teacher turned stay at home mom and wannabe baker. My blog is filled with baked treats, family friendly recipes and healthy lighter dishes.
Melissa and I became friends through our blogs a while back. It’s nice to know someone who “gets me” we both love food, social media and have a litter of kids. (she’s the braver one with number 4 on the way!). I was honored to help Melissa out while she takes care of her family and newest addition. I know how hard those first few weeks are after the baby comes. She needs as much down time as she can get!
Today I am sharing one of my husband’s favorite dishes. Buffalo Chicken Mac N’ Cheese. This is a stretchy pants recipe. Lots of cheese, pasta and of course hot sauce! It’s been a while since we have made this, so I was happy to revisit it on Bless This Mess.Print
- 1 box of your favorite pasta, cooked according to the box directions
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz Vermont sharp cheddar
- 8 oz American Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chunky blue cheese dressing or dip
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 8 slices fried bacon, crumbled
- In a large sauce pan shred all of your cheese and cube your cream cheese, add in dressing and milk. Stir over medium heat constantly until it is smooth and creamy. Pour into cooked strained pasta and stir.
- In a bowl toss chicken and hot sauce together. Mix chicken into your pasta.
- Transfer mac n’ cheese into a large baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and bacon crumbles.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.