Brown sugar oatmeal muffins have all the spicy and sweet warming flavors that you love in baked goodies, and they're moist, super simple, and full of natural fiber!
- 2 cups rolled or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/3 cup light oil (like avocado, vegetable, or melted coconut)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and grease 14 to 18 muffin cups well. (I grease a whole set of 12 on one pan and then grease the middle 6 on a second pan. This recipes makes 14 to 18 muffins depending on size OR you can do 12 regular sized muffins and about 24 mini muffins.)
- In a medium bowl, add the oatmeal and the milk, stir to combine, and set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, add the oil and brown sugar, and mix to combine until the sugar looks smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, cloves, and salt to the egg mixture, and fold to combine.
- Add the oat and milk mixture to the flour and egg mixture, and fold until just combined, careful to not over-stir.
- Place the batter into the prepared pans, filling the cups 1/2 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the centers are cooked through and nothing comes out on a toothpick when you insert it into the center. (Mini muffins will bake in 14 to 16 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan to finish cooling on a wire rack (if you leave them in the muffin tin they sweat and the bottoms get soggy).
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- This recipes freezes well.
- This recipe can be made with half all-purpose and half whole wheat flour.
- You can dust the top of these muffins with a few pieces of oats before baking, it's a pretty little detail, if you like.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: side
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown sugar oatmeal muffins, oat muffins, oatmeal muffins, oatmeal muffin recipes, oat muffin recipe, easy muffin recipes