This sweet and juicy Simple Broiled Grapefruit is an easy way to enjoy tart and tangy grapefruit with caramelized sugar on top!
- 4 teaspoons of brown sugar per grapefruit
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Slice the grapefruit in half. Use a sharp paring knife to around the outer edge of the grapefruit to loosen the pieces from the skin and pith. Use a sharp paring to cut in between each segment.
- Place two teaspoons of brown sugar on each grapefruit half. Use the back of a spoon to spread the sugar evenly over the entire top of the grapefruit.
- Move your oven rack to a high position so that when the grapefruit are in the oven the tops of the grapefruit are just a few inches from the heating element.
- Place the grapefruit in the oven and broil on high for 3-5 minutes until the sugar starts to bubble and caramelize. Be close attention to the broiling so that you don’t burn the sugar on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away.
- Category: side
- Method: broiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grapefruit, broiled grapefruit, fruit, snack, dessert, sides