This sweet and juicy Broiled Grapefruit Recipe is an easy way to enjoy tart and tangy grapefruit with caramelized sugar on top. This simple snack is super tasty and healthy, too!
- 4 teaspoons of brown sugar per grapefruit
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Slice the grapefruit in half. Use a sharp paring knife to around the outer edge of the grapefruit to loosen the pieces from the skin and pith. Use a sharp paring to cut in between each segment.
- Place two teaspoons of brown sugar on each grapefruit half. Use the back of a spoon to spread the sugar evenly over the entire top of the grapefruit.
- Move your oven rack to a high position so that when the grapefruit are in the oven the tops of the grapefruit are just a few inches from the heating element.
- Place the grapefruit in the oven and broil on high for 3-5 minutes until the sugar starts to bubble and caramelize. Be close attention to the broiling so that you don't burn the sugar on top.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grapefruit recipe, how to cut grapefruit, easy snack recipe, healthy snack recipe, easy healthy snack, healthy breakfast recipe, easy healthy breakfast recipe, quick breakfast