Breakfast burritos made with eggs, bacon, and tater tots are perfect to meal prep in advance or enjoy for any meal.
- 1 bag tator tots, about 32 ounces
- 12 to 16 ounces thick-cut bacon
- 12 eggs
- 1 to 1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 8 freshly cooked tortillas
- hot sauce and/or salsa to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange your oven racks so that they are in the upper middle position and the lower middle position.
- Place the tator tots on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cover a second rimmed baking sheet with foil and then put the raw bacon on the foil in an even layer (it's ok if it over laps a little).
- Place the tator tots and the bacon on the two racks in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes and then switch their positions in the oven. Bake until the tator tots are crisp and the bacon is crisp, about 20-24 minutes of cooking time. If one pan gets done faster than the other, that's find, take it out and let the second pan continue cooking as needed.
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium high heat. Oil lightly. Crack all of the eggs into a medium bowl, scramble, and then cook the eggs in the hot skillet until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the eggs are cooked through set aside.
- When the bacon is cooked through place it on a few layers of paper towel to absorb the extra grease. When it is cool enough to touch, chop it roughly into small pieces.
- To make your breakfast burritos add a few tator tots, a little crumbled bacon, some scrambled eggs, cheese, bell pepper, and tomato to a warm cooked tortilla. Add hot sauce, salsa, or ketchup to taste.
- Roll them up and enjoy.
- You don't have to bake the tator tots and the bacon but it's easy. Feel free to cook them however you prefer! Sometimes I'll air-fry both or air-fry the tots and cook the bacon on the stove top. Do what's easiest for you.
- There's a lot of flexibility here! Swap out the bacon for cooked ham or sausage if you'd like and change up the veggies to taste.
- If you'd like to freeze these: omit the tomatoes and any salsa, they don't freeze well and can be added when you reheat and serve them. Add your ingredients to the tortilla and roll them up tight. Place the rolled burrito on a square of foil and roll it up in the foil and tuck in the ends. Place multiple prepared breakfast burritos in a zipper-topped freezer bag. Label and freeze. See the post for details on three different ways to reheat the breakfast burritos.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast burritos, how to make breakfast burritos, breakfast burrito recipe, freezer breakfast burrito