My all-time favorite blueberry pecan granola bar recipe made with whole grain oats, nuts, honey, and a few other simple ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment or foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place the oats and nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly toasted. Place the nuts and oats in a large bowl.
- While the oats are toasting, add the honey, butter, and brown sugar to a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves and is lightly bubbly, stirring occasionally. When butter mixture is ready, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the oat and nut mixture and stir to combine. Add shredded coconut and dried blueberries and stir to combine. Make sure none of the oats are dry.
- Place all of the oat mixture in the prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula or the bottom of a greased measuring cup to press the mixture into the pan.
- Chill the granola bars for at least 2 hours. Lift the bars from the pan using the edges of the foil or parchment and place them on a cutting board. Cut as desired and serve.
- Store covered in the fridge or in the freezer for longer storage. If you are stacking the granola bars, place a piece of parchment paper between the layers.
- These store very well in the fridge or freezer. You may want to wrap them in a bit of parchment paper before putting them in a container or plastic bag in the fridge so they don’t stick together.
- I like to use dried wild blueberries because they are small and full of flavor. I find them at Trader Joe’s (and stock up because I don’t get to TJ’s very often).
- You can skip toasting the nuts and oats, but it really makes the granola bars delicious and almost gives them a cookie-like flavor.
- Category: snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola bar, granola bar recipe, blueberry, oats, pecans, snack, how to make granola bars, healthy granola bars, homemade granola bars