These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are fruity, light, and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or sweet treat!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, (do not thaw if frozen)
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle, and heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a small bowl (or a 2-cup glass measuring cup), whisk the yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until smooth.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a 1/3-cup measuring cup, and use it to portion out the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake until golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it, about 24 to 28 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes, and then flip them out onto a wire rack. Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- I make these with all whole-wheat flour or half whole-wheat and half white often, and they turn out perfect. I recommend trying it!
- To prevent frozen blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffin and discoloring the batter, toss the frozen berries in 1 tablespoon of flour before folding them in the batter.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 28
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry lemon muffins, blueberry lemon muffin recipe, muffin recipe, homemade muffins, healthy blueberry lemon muffins, blueberry muffin recipe, lemon muffin recipe, healthy blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins