These Big Soft Pretzels are made from a simple dough, boiled, and then baked to golden perfection! This easy pretzel recipe will easily become one of your all-time favorite salty and chewy treats.
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- coarse salt
- Let the yeast, water, and corn syrup sit in a medium bowl for 5 minutes. Add the flour to create a smooth and elastic dough, kneading on the counter to get desired results.
- Let the dough rise until doubled, 30 to 60 minutes.
- After it has risen, combine the water and soda in a large pot and bring to a boil. Roll out the dough and shape into pretzels.
- Drop the shaped pretzels into the boiling soda water, 1 or 2 at a time, and boil for 10-15 seconds. Remove from water and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt while still wet.
- Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Use a deep pot - the baking soda makes the water boil over really easily.
- Prep Time: 90 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade pretzels, pretzel recipe, soft pretzels, big pretzels, recipe for soft pretzels, soft pretzels recipe, easy pretzel recipe, recipe for pretzel dough, how to make pretzels