Ever wonder about the best way to cook a pumpkin? Toss it in the slow cooker! This post will explain all the details of cooking your pumpkin perfectly.
- 1 or 2 sugar pumpkins (3 to 5 pounds each)
- Wash the outside of the pumpkin with warm water taking care to scrub off any dirt if necessary. Remove the stem and cut the pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds (you can save them to roast) and the stringy parts of the inside of the pumpkin with a spoon or an ice cream scoop.
- Place the pumpkin halves skin side up in your slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until a fork pierces through the skin of the pumpkin easily. Allow the pumpkin to cool enough to handle and then scrape the flesh from the shell with a spoon.
- Use the fresh pumpkin as you would canned pumpkin. Mash the insides with a fork to remove lumps or you may choose to puree it in a food processor or blender before using to get a very smooth texture.
- Store pumpkin flesh in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- If the pumpkin isn’t fitting well in your slow cooker, feel free to cut it into a few more pieces.
- Category: Side
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker pumpkin recipe, easiest way to cook a pumpkin, how to cook a pumpkin, easy pumpkin recipe, how to cook a pumpkin crockpot, how to cook a pumpkin for pie, best pumpkin recipe