This is the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe EVER! The secret is in melting the butter (no more waiting for it to soften!). No chilling time required, no funny ingredients, just simple, homemade, amazingly delicious and chewy chocolate chip cookies!
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled for 5 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) on medium speed until smooth and light and fluffy in color, around 5 minutes. The mixture will be very noticeably lighter in color (see post for before and after pictures).
- Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add half the flour, the salt and baking soda, and then the second half of the flour. Mix in the chips until incorporated.
- Working with 1 large tablespoons of dough at a time, roll them into balls and place them on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper or a baking mat) about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the middles are still soft and puffy, around 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- To freeze this cookie dough, simple form it into balls and stick them in a single layer in a zipper-topped bag or an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze. Place the frozen cookie dough balls on your baking-mat-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Hot cookies on demand will change your life! These freeze very well. I normally make a double batch and freeze half.
- When I double the recipe I do 3 eggs instead of 2 eggs and 2 yolks because that’s simpler for me. They turn out great.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best chocolate chip cookies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies, how to make chocolate chip cookies, chewy chocolate chip cookies